Other Things I Watched... (6th July thru 12th July 2020)


Here are a few other things I watched this week not being anime related. Happy reading~ 







Films



Title: The Postcard Killing ( watched this on Hulu )

My Rating: 4/5 Stars

Would I recommend this movie to anyone? - I would recommend this movie to someone if they're interested in these kinds of movies. Not everyone likes a really graphic murder mystery. Viewer discretion is advised. (Drama, Mystery)

Give it a rewatch? - I would only rewatch this if I was in the mood for it. Or if I just felt like going on a mystery binge-watching phase. 

Sequel? - No, this movie doesn't need a 2nd film at all. However, it has tempted me to watch to check out the book in the future. 

Short Thoughts on the Film: Going into this movie I was really just expecting the retired cop to go mad from receiving mail from the killer. Like none stop, like the killer would be toying with there every move. But surprise surprise, I was proved wrong. This movie had taken a different route & had a different meaning to it. Which I did find interesting.  





Title: The Old Guard ( watched this on Netflix )

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Would I recommend this movie to anyone? - I would definitely recommend this movie to people! The story is great & the action is spot on!

Give it a rewatch? - 100% plan to rewatch this probably later this month.

Sequel? - It NEEDS a 2nd film with the way it ended. I'll just say this much without spoiling anything, it has potential for a 2nd film. Literally!

Short Thoughts on the Film: When I read the description for this movie I was automatically sold! I love movies that deal with something in the supernatural/ fantasy department. And this was definitely something up my ally, Immortal Warriors?! Hell yeah!




Title: The Witch: Part I Subversion ( watched on Netflix )

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Would I recommend this movie to anyone? - Yes, abso-freaking-lutly! YES! I would recommend it!

Give it a rewatch? - I might rewatch it later this month or early next month probably.

Sequel? - It's going to get a 2nd film just from the title but yes. It does need a 2nd film cause I need to know what happens next!

Short Thoughts on the Film: The title is the main thing that caught my eye for this movie. I was perfectly fine with reading subtitles since I already do with anime but this movie really did surprise me. Y'all, it might take a minute to build up but when it gets there your just like...DAMN!!! All I gotta say, is, there SAVAGE!!




TV Series



Title: Mary Kills People ( watched on Hulu )

Like? Or dislike? Or other? - Uh...it was okay. I only watched EP1 & EP2 of S1. I like the premise of the story but after the 2nd episode, I was like, I don't know. I can't really display my thoughts without spoiling it so I'll spoil a little. Sorry. I didn't like the fact she fell for the cop who was pretending to be sick. But I'm really concerned about how she's going to handle this when there is an investigation going on about her. A ton of info on her, her oldest daughter snooping about with her things & the daughter's best friend gets hurt because of the drugs found, her divorce, etc.

Continue the series? - I'm not sure if I'm going to come back to this or not. Mainly cause I watched this when I was a bit unwell. So a lot of things did annoy me while watching this.





Title: WESTWORLD ( watched on Hulu )

Like? Or dislike? Or other? - You wouldn't believe how many people use to suggest this series to me when it was all the rage. But when I decided to dive into it when I was under the weather my mind just wasn't having it. I like the plot of the series but apart of me felt like it was too REAL. Like what was real & what was virtual? Like I said about the series before this I was under the weather & my whole thought process is a bit different when I don't feel well. I had a lot of "what if's" when watching this a bit too much.

Continue the series? - I might come back to this series on a later note or I might not. Oh, I only watched S1 EP1 & EP2.




Hope you liked my little ramble on other things I watched this week. Keep a lookout for more posts, stay safe, & I hope next week is kind to you. 









Source of Image at the beginning of the post: Found on Pixabay Website.
*All screenshots used in this post were taken by me while I watched each movie/series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(In the end...) Somali and the Forest Spirit - Review

My Fall 2020 Anime Line Up

(In the end...) Daddy (short film)(2020)